In the Spotlight
- Program Assessment AudioConference: September 9, 2014 1pm Eastern Time
- 19th Annual Healthcare Best Compliance Practices Forum:
October 20-21, 2014 DC Metro Area
Ritz Carlton Pentagon City
1250 S Hayes St, Arlington, VA 22202
Room Rate: $219 per night.
Click here for registration and hotel information.
- Compliance Program Assessors Course: October 22, 2014 DC Metro Area
Get-Things-Done Approach to Ethics
- In an Interview with the Center for Creative Leadership, Mark Pastin states that he is not a fan of books about ethics because most are ideological instead of addressing how to reach ethical decisions. This is why Mark's approach in his new book, Making an Ethical Difference, is rooted in the idea that, when trying to solve an ethical dilemma, it's more important to agree on an action than to agree on all of the underlying justifications for that action. Read the rest of Mark's interview here.
Why Whistleblowers Could Save Your Reputation
- Mark recently wrote an article for The Global and Mail on Why Whistleblowers Could Save Your Reputation.This column is part of Globe Careers’ Leadership Lab series, where executives and experts share their views and advice about leadership and management.
Mark Pastin’s New Book Published
- In November 2013, Mark released his second book, Make an Ethical Difference: Tools for Better Action. Mark argues that we can make a difference in society’s ethical level, and we don’t need ethics “experts” to tell us how. He believes that we all have an innate ethical sense—what he calls an “ethics eye.” With examples drawn from his decades of experience advising governments, corporations, and NGOs, Mark shows how to identify competing interests, analyze the facts, understand the viewpoints, measure the benefits of different outcomes, and build consensus.
In Other News
- The 2014 Best Compliance Practice Standards Manual has been published. To order, visit our store here.
- "Doctors Avoid Penalties in Suits Against Medical Firms" by Tracy Weber and Charles Ornstein, ProPublica. Click here to read.
- The DHHS OIG has released the OIG Work Plan for the Fiscal Year 2014. Click here to view.