In the Spotlight
- The Central Region Certification Intensive Course:
Columbus, OH, August 5 - 7, 2013
This program will introduce you to proven tools and strategies that will help fortify and improve your compliance program. Certification courses are known for their excellent guest faculty, and this program will be no different.
This is also the last Certification Intensive Course in 2013. If you need to earn credits for your CCP or CCE credential, this is the most efficient and cost effective way to achieve or renew your credentials.
- 2013 Healthcare Best Compliance Practices Forum:
Washington, DC metro area
October 21-22, 2013
We are now accepting submissions for the 2013 Healthcare Best Compliance Practices Forum. Submission Deadline is August 23. For more information on the submission process, visit the Forum's website.
In Other News
- EUCOMED, the EU medical device association, makes reference to HET's forthcoming Best Practice Standards in a recent story in their What's New newsletter. You can read the story by clicking here.
- "Doctors Avoid Penalties in Suits Against Medical Firms" by Tracy Weber and Charles Ornstein, ProPublica. Click here to read.
- Mark Pastin, Ph.D., President of the Health Ethics Trust, addressed the 59th House of Delegates and Annual Scientific Meeting of the American Association of Physician Specialists on the topic "Ethics in Disaster Medicine" on June 22, 2011. The Health Ethics Trust believes that disaster medicine is an emerging area of ethical and compliance risk and supports the emphasis that AAPS in placing on this topic.
Pastin's talk is available to Health Ethics Trust members under the Presentations tab of the Members Only section.
- Compliance is a process which takes our employees as inputs, applies the compliance program, and, hopefully, has ethical conduct as its input. But who addresses the most critical factor - the input. See what our Foundation is doing at Ethics for Kids and Compliance Officers - Click here to read more
- The DHHS OIG has introduced a new page on its web site on activities of the MFCUs (state Medicaid Fraud Control Units). This page reflects the new emphasis on state and federal interaction on Medicaid fraud recoveries and can be viewed by clicking here.
|HET 2013 Educational Calendar.pdf||864.71 KB|